Brendan KennedyBTF Lvl 2 Tri Coach
Joined Manchester Triathlon Club as a member in 2014 as a novice to triathlon, especially swimming and cycling. Sporting background is football from a very young age and some running.
Thanks to the club coaches and other members, I’ve benefited enormously from the club and now want to give back through supporting novices and experienced athletes alike in helping them continue to improve and progress. I hope I can contribute to increasing participation in the sport by providing an engaging, fun and approachable environment.
The coaches at this club have proven that one size does not fit all and through working with and observing the coaches at this club I’ve learned a lot of approaches and coaching styles that I hope to utilise in the future.
I will draw on my own personal positive and negative training experiences to continuously improve and adapt and continue to work closely with both the coaches and athletes to do so.
Recent Triathlon Success
- 2nd – Salford Sprint 2015
- 8th – Derry Sprint 2016 (Irish National Super Series Event)
- 4th – Conwy Middle Distance 2016
- 4th – Stoke Standard Distance 2016
- Physical Education – A-Level – 2005
- BSc Sports Science (Manchester Metropolitan University) – 2008
- BTF Level 2 Coaching – (March 2017)