Kate OffordHead Coach (BTF Lvl 3 Tri Coach)
I started coaching with Manchester Triathlon Club in 2012, and quickly realised how much I loved the club, and also found my passion for coaching. I became Head Coach in January 2016, after spending time as Assistant Head Coach under Tony Jolly.
Having experienced a wide range of coaching styles in my own training, as a coach, I see one of my main roles being to motivate and encourage my athletes to be the very best that they can be. I coach all levels of athlete from novice to elite. Through hard work and building confidence it is a great honour to assist weaker swimmers to become stronger, cautious cyclists to become braver and reluctant runners to become ardent.
My approach is based on a two-way process, building feedback from my athletes into my coaching. There is no ‘one size fits all’ to developing athletes, as each is completely unique. I am always researching new approaches and ideas both through academic routes and via networking with my peers. I am open to new thinking and happy to try new approaches. It keeps the learning process fresh.
- Tutor – British Triathlon Federation Coach Development Team
- Assistant Head Coach – Altrincham Swimming Club
- Personal Triathlon Coaching and Tri, Swim and Run training plans
- Email – email@example.com
- British Triathlon Federation Level 3 Coach
- Amateur Swimming Association Level 2 Swimming Teacher
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport
- First aid
- Full member SportsCoach UK and Triathlon England
- BA Hons Politics (2:1) University of Nottingham