- British Triathlon Coach – Level 2
- Personal Trainer – Level 4
- MSc Applied Sports Psychologists – University of Chester
- Raced from sprint distance to Ironman and would have done much more if I wasn’t forever getting injured!
- Worked as a personal trainer since 2009, specialising in corrective exercise, core strength and flexibility
Reason for starting coaching
- As a type 1 diabetic and I appreciate how difficult it can be to achieve goals with so many other distractions to deal with, it’s great to see people revelling in the satisfaction of a great performance and, let’s face it, being a triathlete keeps us all fit and feeling amazing too.
Reason for starting triathlon
- Shin splints forced me to abandon marathon training and my friends talked me into going cycling but, as I’m a sucker for a challenge, I ended up adding the swim in too.
Best moment in the race
- Completing my first Olympic distance race in London 2005, a year after being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
- Passing Julie Dibens on the run during the UK 70.3, unfortunately I was a lap (maybe two?) behind…