Tracie GorstASA Lvl 3 Performance Swim Coach
I started swimming aged 4 (should have been 5 but I mithered that much the teacher took sympathy on my Mum and let me start lessons early)!
I swam with Warrington Warriors, representing county and made reserve at Nationals in 100 Backstroke aged 15. Gained experience racing internationally in Germany and Sweden and by the age of 16 was being coached by Brian Brinkley MBE (Olympic Medallist).
I took a long sabbatical from swimming, deciding to stop aged 16…….looking back I don’t know why!
I returned to masters swimming aged 24 to Runcorn Reps, and have also trained with Stockport Metro and currently with Trafford Metro Swim squads. I continued to race and highlights included World Masters in Sheffield in 1996 and also the European masters in Palma in 2000
I am passionate about swimming, the preparation, the training, the competition. Athlete’s need to enjoy their training, from enjoyment comes the desire to perform!
“With so many people saying it couldn’t be done all it takes is imagination” Michael Phelps
I recently set up swimtri.com for my future aspirations
- UKCC Level 3 Performance Swim Coach
- Level 2 Swim Teacher
- ASA Level 2 Open Water (2017)
- Numerous top three rankings at Masters level spanning 20 years
- Country representation
- 3 British & European Masters team Records
- 1 World masters team record
- Squad coach Runcorn Reps
- Club Coach Old Trafford Swimming Club
- Squad coach Trafford Metro BSC
- Masters interim Head Coach Trafford Metro BSC
- Trafford coach – Swim Trafford Performance Squad
- NW Master committee representative
- Trafford Metro swimming committee chair – currently
- Manchester Triathlon coach 2010 to current